It’s not too late to start the year off with a positive attitude and positively radiant skin! So out with the old, tired look and in with the fresh, new skin you’ll be more than happy to live in.
With everything from stress and hormones to harmful UV rays and free radicals wreaking havoc on your face, you might not have the vibrant, youthful glow you desire. And, if you’re not practicing good eating habits, getting regular exercise and adopting a good skincare regimen, your skin might be paying the price.
But even with those important elements, you need the help of trained professionals, like the licensed and accredited aestheticians at Callisto Therapeutic Spa, to help you uncover your best skin ever. Callisto offers a variety of facials to suit your needs and budget.
If you’re a first-time client, you can enjoy a 20% discount on any of the facials Callisto offers. So, go ahead, treat yourself to a fabulous facial. Trust us, your face will thank you!
Here are 5 ways to keep skin looking great in between visits:
- Keep it clean — Get a facial cleanser that works for your skin type and use it twice a day — in the morning and at night before bed. Keeping your face free of bacteria and debris is the first step in achieving beautiful skin. At nights, remove your makeup and cleanse the face to maximize the benefits of the skin renewal that takes place while you sleep. Sleeping in makeup will cause clogged pores and the makeup residue on your pillowcase will breed bacteria.
- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize — Yes, it’s that important! The skin is the largest organ and to protect it, you need to keep it hydrated. Without enough moisture, skin becomes dry and flaky, and cells are shed too fast. So, let your skin drink it all in — simply apply a hydrating moisturizer to your skin right after you take a shower, while skin is still porous and can more readily absorb the product. Moisturizers have humectants that help attract and conserve water in the skin and emollients that smooth flaky skin. For your face, try using a moisturizer with sunscreen — one less step and the same great benefits.
- Wear sunscreen — We can’t stress this enough. You need to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays, even when the sun’s not out. The rule of thumb is that you apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before sun exposure to help protect you from UVA and UVB rays, premature aging and even skin cancer. Reapply if you sweat or if you are in the sun for an extended period.
- Hands off — After touching door knobs, your cellphone, the keyboard and other people’s hands, the last place you want to put your hands is on your face. It’s a surefire way to contaminate the skin, so wash your hands first. You’ll be surprised at the difference makes.
- Clean makeup brushes regularly — Your makeup brushes are a prime breeding ground for bacteria. They harbor old makeup and dead skin cells that trap bacteria and can be redeposited to your face along with the bacteria, causing breakouts and other skin issues.
Surely, no one has to tell you to drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day to flush the body of toxins and promote clear skin. So, start the year off right, and put your best face forward.